It is a progressive damage that had no treatment for its control
- A leading cause of death worldwide.
On the physiopathology of Liver Fibrosis there is:
- An accelerated inflammatory response.
- Alterations on the modulation of TGF-β, turning to a profibrotic element.
- Excessive production of the components of the ECM (extra cellular matrix) due to fibroblast and stellar cells.
- The reduction on the production of enzymes that alters the balance in the extra cellular matrix.
There is a modification on the synthesis and release of factors:
- Other Cytokines
- A specific anti-fibrotic and anti-inflammatory action.
- Effective in the treatment of the associated inflammation of fibrosis and cirrhosis in the liver.
- Modulates and reduces the formation of the fibrotic tissue.
- Prevents, controls and produces the regression of fibrosis.
Dosage & Administration
- Supervised use by specialized physician and his prescription.
- Oral administration.
- Adults: 1200 mg to 2400 mg per day, taking half of the dosage every 12 hours.
- Children above 12 years old: 600 mg – 1200 mg per day, taking half of the dosage every 12 hours.
- Dosage per Weight: Body Surface: 250 mg – 500 mg/dose per m2 of body surface.
- Patients with acute liver failure is reccomended the monitor of the aminotrasferases levels and adjust the dosage accordingly.
- Box with 90 long release tablets of 600 mg.
- The tablet can be divided, if needed according to the recommended dosage.
- It is recommended to take, 20 or 30 minutes after food intake.